Welcome to the Des Moines Chapter of Catholic Schoolhouse!
Classical. Flexible. Accessible.
Catholic Schoolhouse is designed to help homeschool families enrich their educational experience through a flexible approach to learning inspired by classical elements, presented in a structured environment. The whole family has a place at Catholic Schoolhouse!
We offer a Pre-School (pre-grammar) option for children 2-3 years of age through a parent led childcare co-op. Nursing moms and toddlers can join this group as well!
Children ages 4-6 can participate in our Grammar I class which includes many of the elements of our Grammar program.
Children first through sixth grades study the same topics in the grammar program, delving deeper into the material as they grow older. We offer Grammar II (first-third) and Grammar III (fourth-sixth) classes.
Dialectic (seventh-ninth) and Rhetoric (tenth-twelfth) students have opportunities for discussion, logic development, composition, and speaking, while staying focused on the fine arts and history time periods of the tour guide.
- Are you looking for a classical Catholic program?
- Do you desire a consistent, Catholic peer group for your children, the kind that builds lasting relationships and encouragement?
- Do you feel burned out and are looking for ways to bring joy back to your homeschool?
- Do you feel like you are juggling too many things and missing family unity?
- Would you like to meet other parents with like-minded goals to share your journey?
Catholic Schoolhouse is more than a day out of the house; it can help bring structure and cohesiveness
to your entire homeschool experience and will bless you and your family.
For more information, complete the contact us information below or attend our next informational meeting.
Does the Catholic Church allow home schooling? Yes, the Catholic Church strongly supports home schooling! Refer to the documents linked below.
Catholic Schoolhouse is loyal to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church and has received the nihil obstat and imprimatur for all three Tours of our curriculum.