• Our day begins at 9AM with Latin prayers, Pledge of Allegiance, and a hymn and/or patriotic song. Children then proceed to their individual classes by 9:15 where their academic day begins.
• Because we are a homeschool program and not a drop off program, your role as a participating parent in Catholic Schoolhouse is to observe your child in class and to offer the tutor a hand when needed. Throughout the week, parents can choose to use the Tour Guide, history timeline cards, and memory work cds to help their children master the material at home.
• Our Grammar classes are grouped by age (Grammar II first-third grades and Grammar III forth-sixth grades) and the tutor covers memory work in the classroom. Art projects and science experiments are also presented by a tutor who is prepared for these activities. Children have the opportunity for presentations in quarters one and two and drama club in quarters three and four. At 12:25, we gather together and conclude with The Angelus. We join for lunch and playtime (outside -weather permitting) until 1PM.
•In the 2019-2020 school year, we will be using the Tour Three Guide, History Cards, and Memory Work CDs. The scope of Tour Three covers World History beginning with the Renaissance through Modern history ending with the September 11 Terror Attack. The depth and choice of topics covered are under each family’s discretion; however, just a few minutes of review per day will greatly enhance your child’s ability to participate in class. We will continue offering our Super Scholar Program for those families that would like to emphasize the memory work at home.
• We are intentional in creating a Catholic culture in our community. We have opening and closing prayers and our students are assigned to lead their peers in prayers before each class and at snack time. We incorporate feast days into our morning hymns and prayers. We also make tangible the Cardinal Virtues throughout the morning as we practice and grow together in our faith.
• Aside from encouraging a Catholic culture in our program, the Catholic Schoolhouse curriculum incorporates Salvation history, Scripture, Catechism, and Saints and Blesseds in all 3 Tours (years).
• In addition to the Tour Guide, the History Timeline Cards and the Memory Work CDs are simple tools that can help the children with retention. These can be purchased at the Catholic Schoolhouse Store by clicking here or purchasing at a discount through the Director. There are additional links to the Tour III Blog, and free resources exclusive to chapter members located in our national Basecamp to assist you in covering the topics at home. Our chapter offers its members a bulk order discount for core sets of materials, (there is a 12% discount and free shipping when ordering through the chapter). We offer that in May and again in July. https://www.catholicschoolhouse.com/blog/year-3-blog-post-directory/
Catholic Schoolhouse Registration Fee: $90.00 (per family) *$70.00 (per family) early bird
Student Fee: $250.00 (per child)
Supply Fee: $85.00 (per child)
Facility Fee: TBD (per family) based on number of families to offset rental fees
We will meet for 24 weeks throughout the 2019-2020 academic year with a break every four weeks. We will begin August 28, 2019. Our Winter Break is scheduled December 5, 2019 – January 7, 2020. Our last class is April 08, 2020. We will have a Share Fair and year end celebration on Friday, April 24, 2020.
Catholic Schoolhouse is loyal to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church and has received the nihil obstat and imprimatur for all three Tours of our curriculum.